As we start our second mini-week, we can already see the year stating wonderfully. Our VA team demonstrated a tremendous dedication in preparing their rooms to welcome students, the custodian team ensured the building sparkled and the Iowa University Students added the final touches with landscaping, and painting. We were ready, ad so were the students as it was a joyful week to welcome our students’ return.
A few facts to share:
- The morning bell rings at 8:10, at which time we start our morning assembly.
- Every Friday is a 1:30 dismissal.
- Breakfast is served starting at 7:45 in the music room.
- Students are dismissed from class at 3:10.
- We have 19 new students, and 63 new JK/KG students.
- Heather Smith joined our team as a SPED teacher, and Ms. Hagerman is our new Grade 1 teacher.
- And we have added additional Para-educators to our team including Suzanne Statts, Barbara Blint, and Missy Campbell.
- And Wednesday is a 1:30 dismissal, so we all can enjoy the Old Thresher’s Parade., September 1 is a professional development day for faculty, so a non-student day for students.
- School restarts on Tuesday, September 6th, and the preschool program opens it doors its Day I.
- For this year, elementary schools, there will not be an Open House or Back to School night, as our teacher conferences are scheduled for November 3 & 8: P/T ConferencesALL Buildings (4P-8P)
The Van Allen blog is located at https://mpvanallen.wordpress.com, please join us for daily VA news!