Last week at preschool, we were visited by several firefighters from the Mount Pleasant Fire Department. Here are some of the fire safety facts that we learned during their visit:
- If your clothes ever catch on fire, remember to Stop, Drop, and Roll!
- It is important to try to find two ways out of every room in your home.
- If you cannot get out of your bedroom, DON’T HIDE! Close your bedroom door and stay right beside the window. The firefighters will be able to get to you faster that way.
- It is important to decide on a safe meeting place outside of the home where you can find your family members in the event of a fire. And when you get out of your house—stay out! Don’t go back in!
- If you have an emergency, please call 911.
- Fire fighters are our friends—they are a great help to our community.
We were also able to see a big fire engine and a firefighter showed us all of the safety gear they wear when they are putting out a fire.
We celebrated the end of fire safety week by creating our own fire truck snacks! We used graham crackers, frosting, pretzel sticks, cookies, cereal, and one piece of candy to create these tasty treats!
What a great fire safety week!
Terry Mertens, Tonya Campbell, Sara Kremer, Robyn Willham